This sunshine is all for you....




Happy Friday!!!

I have certainly been enjoying my days off from work...trying to pack in all the crafty time that I can!!!

I love Laura's sketch 29, such a great design. I wanted to break out the Jillibean Black Bean soup line...Kraft and Black teamed up together? How in the heck can you go wrong with that super color combo?

I added the Bean Seeds for a pop of color topping them off with a sweet acrylic button that I found in my stash! I went ahead and added the 'vintage' Making Memories rub ons...super easy smeasy card. Everything is nestled on my Flourishes Acetate base.


What?!

Another card...2 cards in 1 post? This is my take on the CPS122 sketch for this week. I have to tell you, this is the 3rd one I made...I decided to really put my spin on the sketch and not adhere to it as strictly as I did on the other 2....they are totally not posting worthy :)

No surprise that it is a Cosmo'licious filled one too! Okay, do you know what inspired this card? Check this out. I absolutely a-dore that sun image in July's KOTM! I'm tempted to join BUT realistically can't justify it because I've become such a scrappy card maker...I don't stamp a whole lot these days sooooooo perhaps this will be my motivation to start stamping more??!!

I stitched around the card...great way to adhere the sun down...I was going to stitch the rays too but what in the heck was I thinkin'? Crazy talk {sista's I'm your basic lazy crafter...lol..actually not a seamstress and it seems the janome sometimes has a mind of her own!}...so I just used my fav...scotch double sided tape...what is your fav adhesive?

Okay, check back tomorrow...I'll have a couple Cutting Cafe projects to show ya...and a free giveaway!!!

Comments

Dora said…
Beautiful cards as always, I love the sunshine card, makes me hapy!
hugs Dora

and have a nice weekend!
Angie Tieman said…
Ooooh, two fabulous cards!! Love that kraft and black and your addition of lace! Great take on the sketch! And that sun is absolutely fantastic!
~Lori Roop said…
Both cards are darling!! I love the burst of sunshine!!
Evelin said…
just gotta love the sunshine card! :D

And you've done a fabulous job with the Jillibean paper! :) Swell!! :D
Laurel said…
You have outdone yourself again! I so love visiting your blog!
Becky Carafa said…
Fabulous! I love the color the flower adds to the first one, and the second one is so cheerful!
SmilynStef said…
I joined the kit club last month, and was not disappointed ... so many awesome stamps and ready to use right out of the container. I used to be a scotch double stick tape gal (bought in bulk at Sam's Club) until I got my 3M tape gun ... now that's my adhesive of choice ... awesome cards.
naomi Chokr said…
Love what did you with the sunshine card!! enjoy your days off. im off till and dont have to go to work till tuesday....want to come over???

Happy forth :)
♥ Audrey ♥ said…
Thanks for your comment. I can only check on Sunday as I'm away for the weekend so will be very curious to see the Inspired card! :) Lovely cards, by the way, as usual, you make doing cards so easy!
Laura Davis said…
LOVE it! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura & Kazan
Kristie Larsen said…
great cards!! Have a fabulous weekend!
lauren bergold said…
lovely, amazing, GORGEOUS sketch cards!!! totally different...equally awesome! (gee whiz, you are GOOOOOOOOOD, sis!) ♥♥♥
Jeannie said…
Great cards and I LUV that black and kraft paper - gotta get some!

Your sunshine is just the cutest. I've got to unearth my sewing machine one of these days!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie
zakkalife said…
I like how you incorporated the lace trim into your card. very pretty. and that little kokeshi doll card below is just adorable
kathleenh said…
Ooh your first card is so fabulous! I love that paper and the splash of color with the flower sets it off perfectly!

Your second card is so bright and fun! I love the stitching around the sun.
Ann said…
Both are fabulous! Happy Friday, girlie!
Tina said…
Cute, cute, cute!
Amy,
These are both fabulous love the flower on the first one!!Freat job with the sun super cute.
Ingrid said…
You did a fab job with the Jillibean Soup papers. Love how you layered the bean seeds. Beautiful card, Amy!
Cindy Lee said…
Love your take on Laura's sketch! How pretty!!
itsallrosi said…
love love love that shock of color with the kraft!

andyour post about Unity makes me lol. I was a kotm member for a few months, loved it!, but cancelled b/c so many stamps were coming in faster than I could ink them up. but seeing this kit, and the special set of stars, is really making me want to get back in!
claudia shadler said…
cute cute! wow girl, you're on a roll here with card making! I love it, both your cards are adorable! Sweet!

Clouds :D
Martha said…
You did it again, two beautiful cards!!!
Have a nice weekend :)
Rose Ann said…
Love them both, Amy!! Your first is so pretty with the flower and lace...and I am loving your polka dot sun on the second!!
Janine said…
I LOVE kraft and black together!!
Fabulous job...
Have a wonderful weekend.
cnelson said…
loving your cards as always! you are so talented!
KatieTurtle said…
Crazy card makin' woman! Two sketch challenges in one post! Love them both, but I think I like the second one better...which is odd because I am a sucker for kraft cardstock. Have a great 4th~
Amy thank you for your lovely comment ! Wow .... love all the delicious stamping goodness, and the copic work. You have just inspired me to do more cards.

My favoriite adhesive - tough to choose between Kokuyo Long Dotliner and Scotch Tacky Adhesive, can't live without them !!!
Linda Beeson said…
These are great! What you did with those sketches is wonderful but oh how I love that sun on the CPS sketch card.
Savitri said…
Super sweet!!! The sun is delish!!!
Maureen said…
LOVE that sun card - too cute and fun!!
Kay said…
Amy, you are becoming quite the seamtress, whether you know it or not!! ;o) In fact, I was just admiring your gorgeous sewing expertise on a certain AMAZING card I received in the mail !!!!!!! You Go girl!! ♥♥ Kay
Unknown said…
These are both just fabulous Amy! Super love them both!

(-: Heidi
Allison Rankin said…
Great job! I love kraft but I do think the second one is my fav!
Carla said…
Love the kraft & black-wonderful card! The sunny card is fresh and fun! The Unity stamps KOTM is an absolute screamin' deal! HUGE value! I did it for three or four months, but unsubscribed when I moved. It's one of the best values in stampin'. You have become quite a scrappy gal these days, but Unity is a good fit with the scrappy set, I think.

I have three adhesives I use regularly. First my ATG gun, that's the basic. Second, my Scotch foam mounting tape. Third, glue dots. These are the three I don't think I could do without.