our family traditions...

Good Morning!

Before I start chatting about 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday, I wanted to let you know that I'll be posting my blog candy winner for the 365 Cards Blog Hop on a separate post.

Okay, onto today's sketch! I was a slight rebel on the sketch...

This is my take on it...I decided against using any of the yellow part of the sketch {insert evil laughter}.

Are you trying to spot the Cosmo Cricket? It's the blue base paper...it is from their Get Happy line! Do you notice anything different? Maybe something that I don't typically do on my cards...like ever? Yup, check it out ladies...I made a Bunny Ears Ribbon Bow! Have you ever noticed that I never make bows on my cards...yes, I use ribbon but it is a glorified knot..that's it, that's all. You'll be seeing the traditional bow alot, thanks savitri, being the slow person that I am, I actually watched that tut 2 or maybe 3 times...duh.

All the epoxy embellies are Love Elsie...the button is fancy pants. The ribbon, twine & felt snowflake are SU.

For you Google Readers have you ever checked out your trends? Here is a portion of mine:

From your 574 subscriptions, over the last 30 days you read 7,567 items.

I got 2 words for you:

Good Grief.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE this! Aren't bows the BEST!?! And the shape you went with is just so bold. I may have to give it a whirl! :-)
Aimes said…
Tee hee - a sketch rebel but with justified results! Love the result of your rebelious streak - a really cool unusual shaped card!
GORGEOUS bow too btw, I really need to work on mine!
Aimes
x
TesaB said…
You do a good job, rebelling! LOL! It's beautiful, love the rich colors and that BEAUTIFUL bow! When comes to reader stats... I'm not sure I want to know...
Laurel said…
Wow you have been busy blogging! Love this card and that super fab bow!
Carla said…
You are SUCH a naughty girl!! Love the bow-I had no idea you couldn't make one, I just thought you chose not to!
Dora said…
This rocks It's stunning!
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a lovely and cozy card! I'll have to watch that tutorial.
Savitri said…
Woooah, you DID a bow!!!! That's awesome! Glad you found the tut useful!! I LOVE your bow and it's just FABBY!!! The card is gorgeously adorable too!

Goodness, you've been blogging! Me. My Google reader have been maxed out lately... not sure why, HA! 1000+ it said. Oooh!!!!
Gloria Stengel said…
Great card! Loooovvve the bow! It's nice over here on the dark side, right?! Everyone loves a rebel. hee hee
Rose said…
well i am so glad you finaly crossed the line to gloria and my side *hehe* fantastic card and i love the bow :0) good greef is right!! how long each day does all that reading take not to mention the typing! (the typing is what takes me the longest!)
Tina said…
Too cute for words.
Ginny Larsen said…
good grief is RIGHT! oh my word!

:D i love your card, and your ribbon bow is GREAT! i'm here to encourage you to use more of them more often... hehe, peer pressure!

love the shaped card too--it's cool.
Kristie Larsen said…
i love this card with so much of my being... it hurts! love the colors, LOVE the ribbon, the button the great sentiments and the shape!?!?! fabulous! also i love how you take your photos with paper in the background. i think i need to try that. i am getting boooored of my photos!
Elaine said…
Hey Speed Reader! Love your Bunny Ears Bow!! ;-)
Anonymous said…
Amy, great job on the sketch and I love the way you made the card your own.....fabulous!!!
Angie Tieman said…
How cute! Love these colors and that fabby big ribbon!
yyam said…
I love the bold and beautiful colors on this Amy! :)

P/s: I have 319 subscriptions.
Kay said…
Is that a delicious May Arts bow I see??!!!! FABULOUS, GIRL, JUST FABULOUS!! Okay, you know me and my obsession with ribbon and well...bows. This card makes me swoon!!!! ♥♥ Kay
Kelley Eubanks said…
So cute Amy!! You did a great job with what seems like a hard sketch!! :) I love that SU ribbon!! Wish I had bought some of it... kicking myself!
Martha said…
Oh wow, FAB card, love the colours and the bow!!! :)
lauren bergold said…
ok, see, i think if anything, you've EMPHASIZED the yellow bits of the sketch by making your card into the interior shape!!! and it's BRILLIANT!!! and now i totally wanna get out my love elsie xmas stuff and make holiday cards!!! :)