just a note...

Happy Friday!!!

Today is a good day for many reasons...one is obvious...it is FRIDAY and the other is that the girls and I are getting together to celebrate a birthday...I think I'm going to get a pedi after work {love/hate thing with that since the bottoms of my feet are soooo ticklish}...then we're going to have Indian food....yuuuummm....

Okay, onto some craftiness....I've had this Tim birdcage on my work top for some time now...I cut it out for a different project and it wasn't hittin' me so it's just been kind of hanging out ever since....I've been really using the ole Gmund paper these days...I recently picked up the white variation but haven't ripped into it yet...gotta love those SRM stickers!!!

The glitzed up bird is from Schlosser Design's ...

Have a Tweet Day!

By the way...did you see that Erin is having a Design Team call for Schlosser Designs?

My card was inspired by the EBTKS Sketch Challenge:

Next up...another layout:) I was intrigued by the challenge over at These Are a Few of My Favorite Things....favorite toys. Hey, I play/run with scissors and thought of doing something with a crafty angle but decided to branch out:

Techie in Training

I had a pic of my netbook too but decided to keep it to the 2 pics....I constantly surround myself with my technology...being with a Tech Geek just helps enable all that:)


I'm going to take off my hoarding crown for a smidge...why yes, those are PTI buttons...all the paper is Sassafras {hmm...do you see a trend in that?!}...the tag {thanks Ivy!} is stamped with a Unity image and yes, I journaled..I embellished the tag with a Sassy fabric brad and some more PTI buttons..I do believe that it is the 1st time I've used those Basic Grey alpha stickers...LOL...I have tons of them...I just tend to gravitate towards my thickers..


I was inspired by this layout over at Creative Scrappers:


I've been REALLY enjoying scrapping...it's quite the challenge and I love it! Thanks to all of you for all your encouragement:)

Comments

~* steph :) *~ said…
cute birdie and birdcage card! love your layout, too cute! i love all the buttons! cute sentiment! thanks for sharing :)! have a great friday! *hugs* steph :)
xiumaiyuki said…
Both your card and layout are fabulous! LUV that birdcage!!! oooh...sounds like a fun date with your friends...eat lots of naan for me! :)
yyam said…
I'm loving Amy the scrapbooker! Love all the buttons and that swell title! :)

Love the birdcage too!

Happy Friday....Indian sounds yummy...I'm all for spicy food!
Sarah Bennett said…
Awesome job on the challenge; your page is wonderful. And your bird in the cage card is super cute! I love the glitter and the pearls. I can hardly wait to use that die now!
itsallrosi said…
Loving your layouts, Amy! great page design and great topics!
Anonymous said…
What a load of `Gorgeousness`Amy!!! ..!TFS
Have a great weekend :)x
Karen B. said…
Love your card, as usual, but feel the need to congratulate the "other" Amy that scrapbooks. Your layout today-amazing! Great focal area with the buttons, wow, be still my heart.
Have I told U lately that I love U??? :):):):):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that card and OMYGOSH!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that LO!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and that button-o-circle is JUST AMAZING! *swoon*!!!! U rock girl!!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with FAVE THINGS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Jana said…
I think that that button circle idea is so clever and the colors are sooo eye-cathing! I love your creation and I think you have a wonderful toy!
Thanks for creating our scrappy-world with us!!!
Have a nice day!
Jana
Laurel said…
Super projects today Amy!
Sherry Eckblad said…
love the birdcage and your scrapbook layout too.
Courtney Baker said…
Wow that's two fab projects! Thanks for playing along with EBTKS! And that circle of buttons ... LOVE!
cnelson said…
fabulous projects Amy!
Dora said…
Wow Amy you surprise me again, bothe are wonderful!
Have fun, I am the same way with my footsies :) Great projects and congrats on being on Cardabilities DT and being published. Your projects are perfect for magazines.

Deanne :)
Tyggereye said…
I LOVE your layout!! That is so cool. The colors are perfect. Very nice. I knew you were a master at cards but look you are just as good at layouts!!! Great stuff!
Elise said…
Why would you take off your crown? It looks AMAZING on you! hee hee Well here's ANOTHER crown you might want to wear.... AWESOME PAPER CRAFTING CHICK! I'm tellin' ya! Of course, paper crafting goes together... Makes sense. But never, and I mean never, can I jump the line between card crafting and scrapping as beautifully and masterfully as you have right here, girl! WOWEEE! "Oh, yea, and I just scrapped this lil GEM!" You're killing me! {So envious of your huge gusher of creative ju-ju!} So you just WEAR that crown, EAT YOUR INDIAN FOOD {*ahhhhh!} and have a terrific time with the girls! Yee Haw! I'll be thinkin' o you... HAVE FUN!
Regan said…
thud..that was my jaw!
Jane said…
Awesome projects!!! LOVE them!
Kryssi said…
simple! cute! i likes! :)
TesaB said…
Amazing bird cage card! It's wonderufl, can't believe you've been sitting on that die for some time! And congrats to your new team, you are on a ROLL! And your layout! WOW! You blew me away with that one!
Sparkplug17 said…
Such darling projects! Have fun tonight! I love sitting in the massage chairs. :)
Tina said…
Lots a goodness here today, wow! Loving the birdcage and the fun papers.
Rose said…
techie in training ... LOL fab page girl and LOVE the birdcage :)
Jennifer Shaw said…
This is amazing!!! Love that button circle!! :)
Angie Tieman said…
Fabby card with that Tim bird cage, love it! And your page, oh my goodness, awesome!!
Alice said…
lovely birdcage card and super layout!!! fab projects!! love them!
Jen said…
oh, super projects today...love them!!!
Regina Easter said…
Amy you have been doing a fantastic job on your layouts...hugs
ivy said…
the glittery bird is perfect! and look at you---another scrap page! love the use of that sassafras paper in the BG! nicely done!
claudia shadler said…
Amy, such a cute card, the birdie sparkels :) awesome scrap page, luving the colors and the button circle :) cute!

Hugs
clouds :D
Suzanne said…
Such a fun and vibrant page, loving all the buttons, thanks for playing with Creative Scrappers :)
Winter said…
Love the card and the layout! Great job! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)
Ann said…
These both rock, Amy! I love the glitzy bird on the card, and those buttons on the LO are to die for! Eeee! Thanks for playing with us Kitchen Sink girls!
Kay said…
That's the prettiest glittery bird! It was made to go in that birdcage, for sure! Fabulous card! Your layout is unbelievable. I'm so happy you took off your hoarding crown because those buttons couldn't be MORE amazing. Orange and blue combo...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
I hope you're submitting your layouts to magazines, girl because you're a natural!!! ♥♥ Kay
Helen F. said…
Amy, your bird cage card is so adorable...love the 'print' background paper too. Your LO is really fun ~ great use for lots o' buttons :o)
Jenneke said…
GREAT post, love everything I see here!! Your layout is gorgeous, specially the circle of buttons and the colors!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fave Things!

XXXJenneke
Deana said…
Adorable page... loving all the buttons!

Your blog is so cute... loved seeing all your work! You are very talented!

Thanks for joining us at FAV THINGS! :-)
Anonymous said…
Wow..your cards are absolutely fantastic!Beautiful work!
Love your Lo for Fave Things!Love those buttons and the colors!Beautiful design!
Thank you so much for playing along with us!!