make the world better and merci...

Happy Friday!!!!!

Woot Woot!!! I'm sooo excited for the weekend:)

Tonight I get to have vietnamese food with one of my fav peeps...afterwards we're going to walk around and window shop {translation get giftie ideas}

I wanted to share a layout....my boy took the pic of my girl and photo edited the image via his iPad {yes, the boy saved up his own dinero to buy it!}....

Ahhh...the teenage years....I love my girl, no matter what mood she is in {haha...she probably says the same about her momma!}...I found the title: make the world better...via Compendium. They are a local company that specializes in inspirational gifts.

I often wonder what the kids will be like when they are older...how they will contribute to the world...I work hard to remind them the value of kindness...I'm soo thrilled that they are both artistic souls. Do you remember when you were 15? High School years...quite frankly you couldn't pay me to go back to those years...it's so different these days...not like back in the 80's :)

Well, I did it again...another Sassy layout...sooo my girl though...and I have such a large stash of Sassafras...

I was thoroughly inspired by the girls over at Twisted Sketches....this week's twist is "flag"...anyhow...anyway....that was totally calling my name:)

Next up is some October Afternoon goodness....

I wanted to ink up my sweet little Invoke Arts dressform...can't get enough of those things...patiently waiting for my Maya Arts Dressform chipboard album that I ordered...all the paper is October Afternoon and I was able to use a fabbie SRM sentiment!

I was inspired by the current Card Patterns sketch:

I have to tell you though...for some reason those 6 flowers were throwing me for a loop...crazy, eh? {that's the canadian in me coming out}...but seriously what's the big stinkin' deal with the flowers? I tried so many different embellies and then A-Ha! I decided to fussy cut the circular pattern from the OA paper...translation=I need the other embellies that go with Thrift Shop and Go Fly a Kite {muwahahahaha}

This also qualifies for the CAS-tastic Color Challenge of Blue and Yellow! I love blue and yellow together....such a happy combo!

Just a reminder that you have until tonight @ 11:59 pm PDT to enter my PixiePetals blog candy!!! I hope that you all have a fabbie friday!!!

recipe:

Make the world better: paper: sassafras other: target $ bling, cosmo cricket tiny type, sassafras stitched blossoms, thickers

Merci: paper: october afternoon stamp: invoke arts other: srm sticker, kaiser craft pearls.




Comments

Jenny said…
The layout is so cute! LOVE it! :) :) And love the colors on the card! Cute! :) :)
Anonymous said…
I love your scrap page. Its gorgeous, full of life, love n brightness. I wouldnt go back to when I was 15 too.. too much of hard work lol..
I love the colours you choose for CardPatterns, so bright yet soft. Lovely!!
Happy Weekend!!
Angèle said…
Oh, I love your OA-card so much!! The colors are so summerly! Yes, its really summer in The Netherlands...finaly! ;)

Great lo too Amy!
Jane said…
Awesome layout and card! LOVE them both!
xiumaiyuki said…
The layout is fabulous! Hm...to be 15...oh my, my memory can't go back that far! lol.

Wonderful take on the sketch...I would definitely have a hard time with that one.

Love all the OA goodies on your card. You are such an enabler!!!
itsallrosi said…
how great that he's taking awesome photos and photoshopping them for you! love the page. I'm still hoarding my scraps of that fabbie green crossword. love it, and the card!
Karen B. said…
Fantastic layout, I mean, really fantastic. So bright. Perfect for what I think a teenagers page should look like. I love the inspiration I find here. Thanks for the link. And ooh my, the fabulous yellow blue card is awesome. Love that you made that sketch into a CAS card. How amazing.
Sherry Eckblad said…
OUTSTANDING! Love the layout of your daughter with those flags. I need to try that one of these days and your card is adorable. You know I had to laugh when you said those flowers were throwing you for a loop. I saw the flowers and thought I was in heaven.
Laurel said…
Love your projects today! I LOVE that scrapbook sketch but haven't had time to play with it yet, and we are gone again this weekend - ugh
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Amy...i love love love love love love that LO!!! The photos are AWESOME and loveeeeeeeee the banner...and that card is PURE perfection!!! *love it* :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Evelin said…
Love the LO and the card!!!! The dress form is so pretty! Yes, me having trouble with the 6 flowers too... LOL.... haven't made my card to join yet :P
Becky Carafa said…
Oooo, Amy, that page is FABULOUS!!!! And those flowers would have thrown me for a loop too, love the circles instead!
Regan said…
loving the sassafrass..im on a wee sass kick too

great card!

have a fab weekend!
lauren bergold said…
OOF! you could not pay me enough to be 15 again!!! seriously. yikes. what an awesome photo (& color editing job!!!) of the girl...by the boy! how cool that they get along and have such strong interests and talents of their own! (all inherited from their mother's side of the family, obviously!) ;)

LOVING the dress-form card! brilliant way of solving the flower problem...those fussycut medallians are utterly PERFECT & totally FAB! ♥♥♥
cnelson said…
Such incredibly fantabulous work!! Such a fun lo...i'm so jealous of your boy's ipad (haha)! The card is just phenomenal...could not LOVE it more!!
Dora said…
The lo...wow love the pictures!
And the card is great!
Bonita Rose said…
oh my.. I love that blue and yellow card.. wow! Love it.. so beautiful.. love how you put it all together! thks for playing along with us at CAS Tastic! hugs bonnierose
Piali said…
Gorgeous LO..love the pics.
Blue /yellow card is Awesome.
Have a great weekend!!
Anonymous said…
Fabulous layout, Amy!!!
I LOVE that background! But my most favorite part is the colored hat in the middle of the black & white photo. SO striking!
Be sure to let your son know that he did a great job with the photo editing! Oh, and also that i'm sooo jealous that he got the iPad! (sigh)... lol
Angie Tieman said…
Wowza! Great page and card! I didn't expect to be so jealous of your son, but now I am! You should be a proud mama!
Janetcraft said…
Time flies...still can remember during my teenage days just like yesterday...the card looks good with blue and yellow...nice layout!
ivy said…
i think this is my fave LO from you so far! great mix of papers!
Jen said…
oh, love your stuff today!! super cute and love the fresh colors...great job!!
~* steph :) *~ said…
how wonderful your two kidlets are artistic! i hope my future kids are like that ;p'. love your layout of your daughter. great colors and love the DP! lveo your card for card patterns. my mojo was stuck on that one. love the dressform stamps!
thanks for sharing and have a great friday!
*hugs* steph :)
Deb Neerman said…
This is absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for joining us in this weeks' CAS-tastic Wednesday Clean and Simple color challenge!
Heather Rogers said…
Great Lo and love that Card with the dress forms. :)
Janine said…
Hi Amy!! Sorry I have been absent the last little while... Your work is amazing and I always love stopping in!!
Have a great weekend.
Rose said…
girl your making some awesome lo's!! fab card too :)

ok NO way i want to be 15 again as i was preggo! lol
Julia Aston said…
what a wonderful page of your girl Amy! and love the dress forms on your card! have a great weekend GF!!
Kay said…
Amy this is an amazing "Sassy" layout! First of all, I'm so impressed with your son's photo skill. Wow! The banner is so pretty and I like how you added your daughter's age. You know I love your card. :) Those are my favorite papers, ever. Great idea with the "flowers"! Have a wonderful weekend!! ♥♥ Kay
Rose Ann said…
Your page ROCKS, Amy...and I love your pretty card too!! Happy weekend!!
Jennifer said…
WOW!! LOVE that layout! SO FUN!(= Happy Friday to you! (=
Sparkplug17 said…
What lovely projects~ love the layout!
Kelly Booth said…
LOVE LOVE both of these Amy....they are both just Perfect!!! Hope you have a great weekend!
Nancy said…
Absolutely fabulous work with this twisted sketch! TFS! great looking card as well....you have such a fun blog....going to become a follower :)
dstandard said…
Fabulous layout and card Amy! Love them both! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!
Alice said…
love your fabulous layout, Amy!! wonderful photo editing, too! and the card is darling!! so cute! have a beautiful weekend!
Tami said…
love both of your projects amy. You have a very unique style and I love it. Have a nice weekend. So are you coming for Scrapfest?
Unknown said…
Look at you go with all the LOs!! This one is absolutely FABULOUS!! I love everything about it!

Of course, the cards is mega gorgeous too! :)

(-: Heidi
♥ Audrey ♥ said…
Now that is one gorgeous LO! Wow! Beautiful card too. Saved that sketch but just dun have the time these days to sit and craft!
Deana said…
Love that Card Patterns card... SO CUTE (especially that SRM Sticker on there! ;-)
Laural-Lee said…
Awesome work with that sketch Amy! And that is some fantastic paper perfect for the colour challenge. Love everything about this one.