together we can...

Hello Hello!

Today is Tuesday which means it is the Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge!


We want to thank Karen Giron who is our October Guest Sketch Artist...her Sketch Challenges have been soooo fun and inspiring!

Check out this week's sketch!


I used Skipping Stones Design's Grunge and Cancer Schmancer for my card today!  Just a reminder that through Friday, for every Cancer Schmancer set that is sold, Skipping Stones Design's will donate $4 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation...Come on peeps...together we can make a difference...which brings me to today's card:


Yes, you're at my blog...not my typical color combo...subtle and soft...but I think it makes the butterfly and the sentiment really take the stage, whaddya think?

All the patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket Wanted...the kraft/button is ala PTI...the ribbon is from my fab friend Sherry {she sells the gorgeous stuff too!!}...I grunged it up with my Memento Rich Cocoa pad...

Check out my double-decker butterfly...can you tell that it has been stamped on thee prettiest shade of blue paper from the Wanted pad?


You probably didn't even notice but there isn't a smidge of stitching on this puppy...shocking, right?!  Well, when I was putting this card together there was a horrible windstorm pounding my windows and the power was sketchy...I didn't know if the power was going to go out on me so I didn't take the chance of using my trusty Janome:)

**Be sure to check out the Paper Crafts Facebook page for a Skipping Stones Design Give-a-Way!!**

I hope that you'll join us in the Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge!

You won't wanna miss the fabbie goodness from the other gals on the Skipping Stones Design Team: 

 
and

The lovely Guest Design Team for the month of October:
Karen Giron - Guest Sketch Artist
Shannan Teubner - Guest DT
Lea Lawson - Guest DT

Thanks ladies for all your wonderful work!!!

Comments

Spardha said…
wow!.. love the card!.. the pp and the butterfly is soo beautiful! :)
Martha said…
Oh Amy, this card is beautiful! You probably know, I LOVE butterflies!
Have a nice day,
Martha
yyam said…
Wow! This is a totally classy card! Love the elegant butterfly! That wrinkled ribbon is fabulous! :)
Anonymous said…
Amy.... this is serious gorgeous stamping.. Love the new stamp.

Not your usual colours.. but gorgeous all the same.... love how you combine the few different stamps to create this beauty.. :)
Alice said…
very different from what you usually make, but absolutely gorgeous, Amy! wow! love the yummy colors, too. fab card!
Lynnda said…
Gotta love this card ... Perfectly gorgeous... Nice colors... .. Lovely pp...look at butterfly!!! Awesome... And yes love the sentiment too... Perfecto Sista ... xx
Sherry Eckblad said…
Oh Amy this card is absolutely beautiful. You are right at first I thought this was someone elses card and yours would follow.

We had the crazy winds, rain, and thunder here in Minnesota last night as well.
I sooooooooooo love love love this Amy!!! That butterfly is BEAUTIFUL and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the ribbon action! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Jingle said…
I absolutely LOVE your card! That ribbon is amazing!
Janice said…
Gorgeous even if there's no stitching lol! In Chicago we are experiencing horrible winds and rains also. Had to hold on to my wig when I went out!
Piali said…
Gorgeous card!!!
love the colors!
lauren bergold said…
oh how ♥FLIPPIN♥ awwwwwwesome is this?! gorgeous combo of colors and patterns and that butterfly is TWICE as show-stopping for being a double decker!!!!!!!!!!! ♥LOVE♥ this, sista! :)
Wendy said…
Your cards are always amazing Amy!! Such a job visiting your blog!!! Did you get that Cosmo Cricket thing???
Michelle said…
Just gorgeous Amy! I LOVE the gorgeous butterfly. Stupendous chickee!

Mishy
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous card, Amy! I love your take on the sketch and I really adore the dimension of the butterfly!
laterg8r said…
love that sparkly butterfly :D
cnelson said…
WOWZERS!!!!!!! So incredibly GORGEOUS!!! I could not LOVE this more!!!
Cindy Lee said…
So gorgeous!! You have butterfly, what can I say...lol :)
Tina said…
Beautiful! I love this!
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a gorgeous card!
Barb Turpin said…
Oooh, so soft...love the vintage feel with the shading, and how you made the butterfly come off the page...awesome work girlie!
Linby said…
I love it Amy - beautiful.
Linbyx
Riet said…
So beautiful card Amy,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x
Joy said…
such a pretty card...I do love the layout and your take on the sketch. that butterfly really makes this card elegant and that sentiment is all too true. have a wonderful Tuesday.
Kay said…
Amy, this is breathtaking! The layered butterfly is stunning and the subtle colors are pure elegance. Then you added that gorgeous seam binding ribbon! Wow, girl. Such a fabulous card for an amazing cause!!
♥♥ Kay
Meg said…
Gorgeous! You got vintage/shabby chic down, even if it's not your normal style! Love those beautiful Wanted papers and that fabulous ribbon!
ivy said…
hope the weather is better in your neck of the woods!

love those pretty PPs!
Ann Kranitz said…
I really like all the soft colors. This is fantastic!!
Karen B. said…
Oh Amy, this is just stunning! I love the colors and the vintage look. I love that you still kept you in your design with the patterned paper and layers. So beautiful!
Michele Gross said…
Swooning!! I love that Grunge set and just ordered it! Oh yea, totally stalking my mailman ;) Seriously yummy card Amy!
Dora said…
I just love this!
Emily Leiphart said…
This is drop dead gorgeous! I love it.
Well here is the card I saw - fab!!!
Tasha said…
WOW stunning! love tasha xx
Valerie said…
I saw this on the Cosmo blog and was so happy for you Amy. I know how you love your Cosmo! Congrats - this is one outstanding piece of craftiness!!
Rose said…
oh this is STUNNING!!!! LOVE the butterfly :)
Tyggereye said…
Gorgeous!! I love the program you are doing this for. Very neat. No stitching! What?? looks absolutely awesome regardless. Love the color combo. The blue and orange are complementary colors and really pop.