for you...

Hello and welcome to the EAD Designs Blog Hop!

You should have arrived here from Liz's blog:



If not, you'll want to start at the EAD Designs blog so that you don't miss out on any of the fun!  Remember, there is a prize for someone that completes the hop, leaving comments on the EAD Design blog and all of the Design Team members blog...they will be picked via random and posted next monday!

Today I have a little gift card folder...My design is actually inspired by the most fabbie talented gal, Ingrid Danvers.  Check this old post of hers....I am the lucky recipient of that gorgeous project and it inspired me to dig up one of my Shortcuts gift folders.

I've been smitten with black thread...I love the dramatic effect it has....I'm still on the journey to use my older papers...all the papers that I've used on this project are from a Jenni Bowlin collection.

This is the back of the giftcard folder:

LOL...I'd show you the interior of the folder but it is nakey...

My sentiment is from the Co-branding Paper Smooches Birthday Sentiments...I used the Rub-On version:

The circle punch that the sentiment is nestled on is actually layered onto a round wood tile that I picked up at Impress...it gives the project a nice pop!


Everybody's a winner:



Remember this..


I'm the last stop on the hop!  


Typing about Gift Card Folders....make sure you check out the latest Flashback Friday challenge which is to post your first Gift Card Holder!

Today starts my official bloggie break...I'll be posting my Design Team projects but otherwise I'll be quiet'ish:)  Do you know how hard it is for me to be unplugged...to only create for DT assignments...I'm trying to do this forced relaxation thing....sigh...forced relaxation...that's pretty sad, eh? 

Leave me some bloggie love and I might just pick your name to send some misc blog candy:)

Comments

TesaB said…
It's FAB!!! Have a good bloggie leave!!!!
Dora said…
This is stunning!
Jessie said…
Beautiful card and colours!
Lynnda said…
STUNNING STUNNING Card Sista.... you rocked the stitches!!!ahhh... dont say that... you need a break... and relaxation is a positive thing to do... even though selfishly im gonna miss you!!... hugs..xoxo
Anonymous said…
Love these Amy..They are pefrect for fitting those gifts inside:) x
farmhouse-story said…
such a cutey, amy! love it:)
yummy colors! both are wonderful,Amy!
yyam said…
Such a sweet project! Really love the colors and patterns! :)
I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love that BLUE!!! Have a fun bloggy-vacay!!! I will miss ya! :):):):):):):):):):)
Angi Barrs said…
Gorgeous Blue and I really love the twine too. :)
Lindsay said…
Love all of the blue Amy! Both of these are fabulous!
Love the bright blue! Do you ever take a day off from crafting - wowzers you are one crafty gal!!

Deanne :)
Sherry Eckblad said…
love the gift card holder and those JB papers.
Have a fun bloggie break and chat with you soon.
Janice said…
Love it! Still trying to master the sewing thingy and it would be easy if I could thread the darn thing ugh!! Enjoy your break - I sure have enjoyed mine.
Anonymous said…
OOOH! I am having paper envy - I love both of those patterned papers. So pretty with kraft. Beautiful! TFS! Have a nice blog break - try to RELAX! {hugs!}
wendyp said…
loving that blue in the first card!!! Gorgeous cards!
cnelson said…
So fab! That black thread is such a terrific touch!!!
love a touch a black with anything! thanks for the idea of getting rid, I mean using up older paper! :)
Esther said…
Very cute gift card holder!!!
Jenny said…
Pretty! I love the black thread too :) Have a nice relaxation break!

Jenny
papercraftjenny@gmail.com
papercutcreations.blogspot.com
Jingle said…
Super cute GC holder!
Tammy said…
Love your stitching! I am just getting starting with my paper sewing...is kinda scary! LOL Enjoy your bloggie break!
great GC hoLder...you rock the DP and the stiches are so cool TFS...have a good bloggie break...:)Liann
Riet said…
So gorgeous Amy.

Hugs Riet.xx
wendipooh13 said…
love them!!! and amazing cards!!
Sylvia said…
Love all the blue, Amy! what a cool gift card holder. Have a Happy break!
Chunyuan said…
Love the blue PP and black stitches. I always want to add stitches to my card. But all my crafting stuff is in a closet, I just got lazy and don't want to pull the sewing machine out. I have to do it more often. Enjoy the blogging break.
Tina said…
Very pretty, terrrific paper choices.
Sue D said…
Great gift card holder--I like the papers. Enjoy your break.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com
Joanna said…
the papers are so pretty! this is a great idea! :)
Melissa said…
This is beautiful, your colors are so bright and fun!
Courtney K said…
such pretty colors!
callyannc said…
Thanks for the hop. Loved all the projects! I love the colors in your cards! Too cute! Thanks CallyAnn(new follower)
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com
The Bookin Room said…
Wow...this hop was filled with uber fabulous creations!! This was a lot of fun, thanks!!

xoxo Charity
thebookinroom.blogspot.com
thebookinroom.hotmail.com
Karen B. said…
Delightful gift card holder, and of course, your use of patterns.
Tyggereye said…
Such a great gift card holder. I am in love with the back side of it. Have a nice blog breaky. If anyone understands the need for that its me!
katieo said…
Great card. Love the way the sentiment stands out
Rose said…
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA forced relaxation??!!! girl you will be "stressed" from that *wink wink*
seriously you enjoy your break and you will be missed :)

oh and super cute gifty holder :)
Alice said…
love how you dressed up the folder. so beautiful! think i have those papers sitting around somewhere.... =) love that you are using older paper. have a happy break! =)
Audrey Pettit said…
SO adorable! What an awesome gift card holder idea. I love that black thread and the black baker's twine. The papers look gorgeous with the kraft base, too. This is fabulous, Amy!
ivy said…
oh no...i see a spam comment right above mine.
very pretty! and have you tried jenny bowlin inks yet? they have the greatest names.
Anonymous said…
Absolutely gorgeous creations, lady, and I oughta know, right??? Cause all I'm doing lately is checking out gorgeous creations LOL
C said…
I LOVE the black thread and paper that gorgeous deserves some time in the limelight. Super project!
That twine just adds a fun twist to the card!!!