thanks...

Lucky...lucky to be part of such a wonderful community....more on that in a smidge.

I had a bunch of goodies waiting for me to get back from vaca...some new MME {paper} and Webster's Pages {bloom}:


{picture not so good..I'm an impatient grasshopper and want to get this uploaded and it isn't quite light enough outside}

I was inspired by the latest Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger...



Girly & Gutsy is right...the colors are so bold and unexpected.  I was having a hard time thinking of what to do so I just did something:)

I was inspired by the colors and the patterned rug.

I was also able to use the 



Ellen's Warehouse Crop with Paper Smooches!

Okay, so I gotta tell you...I was SUPER organized for the crop.  I managed to pack one tote with supplies to mass produce 25 thank you cards.  I cut paper panels, packed embellies & sentiments...stamps...addresses...I was going to make and complete my birthday thank you's..get them ready to just pop in the mail....{{patting myself on the back}}...more on that in a bit.

This is me and my friend Laurel...she's the gal that got married earlier this month.  These are the bridal shower invites I made for her.  We've known each other since 2006, we use to work at the same company and we have each moved on to different employers.  I'm so very glad that we still keep in touch, as she is a fabbie gal.  I might be the person that enables alot of her crafty purchases {that's the kind of gal that I am..} but I also am the one that gives her all my scraps {yes, it is true...I don't keep a majority my scraps}.  She loves them, and I'm all for giving them to someone that appreciates them.  This was Laurel's first crop and function with paper crafters/bloggers.


I left early from the crop since I was going to a dinner party...Laurel stayed til the end and called to tell me how much fun she had and how fabulous all the gals are.  I told her that was how all paper crafters are....such a wonderful community of people.  It is nothing like anything I've experienced before...instant connection...people helping people...lotsa laughing and smiling...

Ellen...everybody LOVES Ellen...she is such a warm and special gal.  I've been to her warehouse several times and finally got a pic with her!!!  She is a true Super Star!


Kim Hughes...are you kidding me...oy vey, where to start?  I was so very inspired when I chatted with her...she is down to earth nice....


Me and my sista Sparkle...okay, she is the sweetest gal ever.  


Whipper snappers:

right:  Becky Olsen


Okay, first up...Jeni...good lord, we've been bloggie friends for awhile now...we live in the same state for pete sakes and we FINALLY met each other...she is beyond FUN!!!!

Becky Olsen...you forget how famous these gals are because they are just soooo incredibly 'normal'...talk about talented...this gal is totally chock full of talent...it was cute because she was surprised that I wanted a picture with her...

I had SUCH a good time yesterday...really.  Remember how good I was about packing my projects...I didn't touch them...at all.  I was there for 3.5 hours and socialized the entire time...life.is.good.

Some things that I went away with...

1.  bought more paper smooches and other various goodies...woo hooo.

2.  There are sooooo many crafty gals that are living their dream....doing what they love....doing what they were meant to do.....now how inspiring is that?  Really?!


3.  A ginormous shout out to all the ladies that made Laurel feel so welcomed and part of the paper crafting community...I thank you for that:) 

As I wrap this post up...I'm exhausted:)  Why is it that the blog post writing/editing takes soooo much longer than the actually creating of the project?  I have 20 minutes before waking up the kids...today is dedicated to school clothes/supplies shopping...dinner at my momma's but I still have multiple DT projects to get done...TODAY.  oy vey...I gotta get crackin' here...

Thank you for stoppin' by...thanks for poppin' in when I was on bloggie vaca...you gals are thee best...

Comments

Laurel said…
What a gorgeous card! Looks like you had a great day... and I think I need to live in Seattle!
Karen B. said…
Fantastic card Amy! Love your post too, you can almost feel your enthusiasm and excitement through the screen.
Janice said…
Beautiful card. What a fun-filled day and weekend for you just after vacation.... don't know how you do it .... must be LOADS of coffee!!!!
AJ said…
Great card! Bummed I missed out on the crop...glad you all had fun!
hehehehe... you are tooooooo cute! Not a thing, huh??? lol :) I loveeeeeeeee the card you have on here today... loving that flower and loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos from your crop!! :):):):):):):):):):):)
Anita Rex said…
First off I think the picture is great (it's what made me click over!) It looks like the flower is lit! :> love it! Secondly what a fun day! I would have spent the whole time chatting away too! You can craft alone but being able to chat it up in person not always!
~* steph :) *~ said…
your post just made me smile, amy! what a pretty card! i love the pretty pink bloom. hope you have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a lovely card! And love the photos!
Joanna said…
Wow good times!! :) Great card girly!
Tyggereye said…
Great pictures Amy. Love the card. You are so photogenic. :)
Jay Gee said…
Absolutely gorgeous card Amy! So glad you had fun at the crop, sounds like a wonderful time... I'm jealous :)
Fabulous card Amy! -and LUCKY, LUCKY you to always look so good in photos (-:
- looks like you had a great time! Hugs, Karin
Jocelyn Olson said…
Ooooo...the card is utterly stunning. Wow, Amy!! Loving that flower. It sounds like the crop was so fun. Thanks for sharing the pics!
Anonymous said…
a simple stunner of a card. love it. sounds like you had a great time! :)
Sherry Eckblad said…
beautiful card and you know I love that bloom you used. I am surprised you didn't hoard it. I too don't save my scraps and give the bigger pieces to my friend Tami and throw the smaller ones in the trash. My Bad I know.
Savitri said…
Wow, looks like you had a great great time!! LOVE the card too. The flower's just lovely!! Wish I could have been in the picture. Not that I like being photograph but it would have meant I'd have met you :)
Trinh said…
Beautiful card, Amy! I sure wished that I lived near some crafty peeps. It's obvious how much fun you had at the crop. And I totally agree with you about how it takes longer to write and edit than it does to create. Wish I had a ghost writer!
Terri said…
Great card, love the flower. Looks like you had a great time!
Mona Pendleton said…
What fun! Your card is darling Amy! Love the pretty pink flower!
TesaB said…
Ohhhh, so happy for you that you had such a lovely time. And met so many lovely ladies!!!! Your card is, of course, absolutly STUNNING. Amazing flower!!!
Lynnda said…
Love the card sista... simply gorgeous!!! ANd I'm "green with envy"... you gotta loads of FUN.. with crafty girlie... woot woot..lovely photos too... your smile is million!...hugs...xoxo
yyam said…
Such a pretty card! :)

And love the pics you shared! How lovely to meet these awesome crafters in real life! :)
Els said…
Love your card, amy! That flower is just fabulous!!
What a lucky duck you are, being able to crop with so many wonderful people!! Great to hear you had such a wonderful time! :)
Audrey Pettit said…
What a super cute card, Amy! Love, love how you used that Webster's flower. Love the stitching through the sentiment, too. And you so sounds like me at a crop. I hardly ever even pull out my stuff, because I'm blabbing so much. Sounds like you had an awesome time. Love that you got to meet so many new peeps. :)
Lindsay said…
Seriously gorgeous card Amy! LOVE that flower and the papers, fun!

How cool to meet everyone! Thanks for sharing your good time with us!
Aimes said…
Fabby card, Girlie! I love that bold colour combo - my eye is drawn to that super flower :)
Looks like you had a fabby time at the crop too - so many smiles!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
farmhouse-story said…
what a fab post, amy! great pics, adn i LOVE your flower!
Angi Barrs said…
So fun...looks like you guys had an awesome time. Love that gorgeous flower on your card too. :)
Sylvia said…
Beautiful card,Amy and what fun you had!Love your photo's.
Rose said…
What a great card and fun pics, Amy! :)
Hey Amy! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

...and it looks like you had a TON of fun with your peeps! I'm so happy for you! :)
Jingle said…
You have too much fun, chica! :-) I love your card!
Alice said…
love your beautiful card and LOVE this post, Amy! thanks for all the photos and so glad that you had fun at the crop. hoping one day i'll get to meet fabulous you, too! =)
OH MY! I looooooooove that card--I want that paper and that bloom! GORGEOUS! And wowowowow! You are super lucky to get to hang out with so many fabulous people! You included--I would love to meet you:)
Jen said…
oh my...yes, it was AWESOME! so glad that i finally got to hug you in person..you made the day so great!! and laurel...love her to pieces!!
Hey Amy! Thanks also for linking this up to the Square Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)
ivy said…
looks like you had fun! that's what it's all about, right? and to see all your blogging buddies too?!