grateful for you


post 1 of 2 for today...click HERE for a special Chickaniddy Crafts Birthday



Happy Halloween!!

So last Saturday my boy tells me he needs a thank you card for the next morning.  I'm a morning crafter and tend to not craft in the evening hours.  So the next morning, I whipped this together:

paper:  chickaniddy crafts/scrumptious  stamps:  paper smooches/blossoming buds  ink:  zing white  other:  paper accents vellum, mme wood dots, circle die

Vellum makes me a happy crafter.  Throw in heat embossing and wood dots and I'm giddy with joy!

Seriously LOVE Paper Smooches Blossoming Buds!  I've teamed it up with Chickaniddy Crafts, Scrumptious!

The circle in the middle of the striped panel is actually die cut rather than the alpha panel being a circle...


I have strategically placed micro glue dots underneath the wood dots!

I was inspired by




Such a fun sketch:



Comments

Sylvia said…
Happy Halloween, Amy, what a wonderful thank you card for the boy! I am not a morning crafter...unless it is in the wee hours! Have a fabulous Friday!
donna mikasa said…
Ooh, that vellum piece is so yummy! That alone stuck on a card would do it for me. And the wooden dots. Happy Halloween!
Lynn said…
Put this at the top of my all time favorites of your cards! Giddy girl over here too. Wow!
Michele Kovack said…
Beautiful thank you card!
So gorgeous! LOVING the alpha paper alongside of the stripes!!!!
You know me, always love vellum... Happy Halloween!!!
Audrey Pettit said…
Don't you love those last minute requests from the kids? :) Your son is lucky to have you! This is soooo adorable, Amy! Love, love the color combo and the mix of denim print and stripes. And your stamping is amazing! LOVE those vellum flowers! LOVE the wood dots, too!
Love this!!! Sweet vellum = you ROCK it!
Amy Rohl said…
Aack, this is so fresh and fun! It popped right out at me on my bloglovin' feed this morning!
Kelly Griglione said…
That vellum on top of the stripes/alpha looks fabulous! I'm chuckling some more ... you don't have any "thank you" cards in your inventory?! What's happened to them all?! You (and Joyce) make the most cards I know in blogland!!
I Card Everyone said…
Last minute, or weeks ahead, I think it's just so sweet that he asked you to make him a card. . .a very cute one, at that!
=] M
this stamp on vellum is fantastic!!
Miriam Prantner said…
I just love that vellum flower cluster. GORGEOUS!
Yuki said…
Happy Halloween!! This card is so pretty! I always love how vellum can add so much detail and dimension to a card!
cm said…
Happy Halloween! I'm guessing your son was well-pleased with this card; it's amazing and certainly 'young man giving to someone' appropriate, given the colours and images you've paired. Fabulous!
~c
Cris G. said…
So very beautiful what you did with the vellum in your second card... I love it!
Joni Andaya said…
Really love the vellum card :)
Shona Chambers said…
OOh that vellum looks fantastic with that flower pattern. I've never used wooden dots but boy do they look perfect with the vellum flowers. I would love to craft in the morning but so many other boring domestic jobs get in my way. Between now and Xmas I'm determined to have one day of card making from when the kids go to school to when they come home. Fingers crossed I can stand still for long enough to do that!!