May Guest Designer: Color Throwdown - Just Because



I'm so excited to be a May Guest Designer for Color Throwdown!  I'm a huge fan of their challenge!  Check out this week's inspiration:



If you've been following me for any amount of time you'll know that green is my favorite color!  I had so much fun with this one!


I love to use non-traditional colors so I experimented with the Hero Arts Color Layering Hydrangea stamp set.  I combined the following colors for the different layers:

Moss  •  Lime Green  •  Dandelion

To incorporate the blue into the design, I used the Honeycomb Stencil with Distress Oxide Broken China.  I did hit the stenciling with some water droplets.


Such a fun challenge!  We hope you join along too:  Once you’ve finished your card or other paper-crafted project, add a direct link to your creation using the Inlinkz tool at the bottom of the Color Throwdown post. And, don’t forget to use the keyword CTD443 if you upload your project to an online gallery, or hashtag on social media with #ctd443 and/or #colorthrowdown.  

Challenge guidelines are in the right sidebar on the Color Throwdown Challenge Blog in case you have any questions.

Make sure you check out the fabulous Color Throwdown team...




Comments

Laurel said…
Wonderful card Amy!
Broni said…
What a fun card, Amy! I always love seeing your inspiring creations!
Tracey McNeely said…
Congrats on your guest design, beautiful card!
Karen B. said…
Wow, what a cool technique here, and the perfect way to use color.