May Guest Designer: Color Throwdown - Happy Freakin' Birthday


I'm so excited to be a May Guest Designer for Color Throwdown!  I'm a huge fan of their challenge!  Check out this week's inspiration:



Gorgeous, eh?!  I'd totally do my living room in that color palette!  Here's how I was inspired:


That heart panel is from an Amy Tangerine 'best of' 8.5 x 11 paper pack that I picked up from M's a long time ago!  I adhered it to an American Crafts Kraft notecard.  The Hero Arts Irreverent Birthday Messages.  Stamped in Hero Arts Pool Mid-Tone Shadow Ink on Stampin' Up So Saffron cardstock.

The sentiment is on foam squares, nice pop for an otherwise clean and simple design.



Such a fun challenge!  We hope you join along too:  Once you’ve finished your card or other paper-crafted project, add a direct link to your creation using the Inlinkz tool at the bottom of the Color Throwdown post. And, don’t forget to use the keyword CTD442 if you upload your project to an online gallery, or hashtag on social media with #ctd442 and/or #colorthrowdown.  

Challenge guidelines are in the right sidebar on the Color Throwdown Challenge Blog in case you have any questions.

Make sure you check out the fabulous Color Throwdown team...

Vickie Zimmer
Sue Blamey - Guest Star Stamper  
Tammy Hershberger - Guest Alumni design team member

Comments

Wanda Cullen said…
Such a sweet design and love that fun sentiment!
Laurel said…
Congrats and lovely card!
Tracey McNeely said…
Love the colour palette, love the inspiration and most of all love your card! Congratulations on your guest design!!
Congrats on the GDT!!! I loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors and that sentiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sue said…
A gorgeous design, Amy! You did a great job with the colours, your card is so pretty. Congrats on being May Guest Designer.
Amy Rohl said…
Love this design, and love that you're guesting with us!!
I Card Everyone said…
'irreverent' my eye! that is the funniest birthday wish ever! LOve every inch of this creation, my friend!
=]
Audrey Pettit said…
Love that pop of yellow against the neutral background, and all those hearts are so fun!
Vicki Dutcher said…
Fun card love the hearts
Broni said…
What an awesome CAS card using these colors, Amy! I love it!
Celeste Goff said…
Love this! That sentiment cracks me up!
Miriam Prantner said…
Too fun, I love that sentiment!
Nora Noll said…
I LOVE that sentiment!! I like how you stamped the hearts on this-even over the large heart. Such a fun design.
Karen B. said…
Such a sweet card!