Squeeze the Day | theletterlingo



I love this Citrus Crush stamp set by theletterlingo.  It's so much fun and I've been on a citrus kick!


So my original card had another pink lemon on it but as I was photo editing I came up with paper piecing the lemon to coordinate with the rainbow base panel.  I don't paper piece much anymore but love the look.


I wanted to fill up the soda labels with something but wanted the focus to be on the rainbow sodas so I decided to keep them plain.  It keeps with a clean and simple design.  The only bottled soda we have in the fridge is Ramune.  Have you heard of it?  The kids love it.  My mom use to have it when she was younger and she's turning 80 next year.


I'm happily linking up to the Paper Players, Summer Beverage challenge:


It's funny, I think that I'm generally a Clean & Simple designer but this is # 3 for this challenge.  That means I started with the intention of linking up to this challenge only to look at my card and realize it wasn't anywhere near clean & simple...HERE + HERE.

I generally don't clean up my copics speedy quick but this time I did, I tried to remember my color combos:

Comments

Amy, this is such a FUN card! I love the rainbow sodas! We always called it "POP" in Indiana! The paper pieced lemons add an extra pop of color! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX
A gorgeous bright and colourful summer card Amy and those rainbow paper-pieced lemons are so fun! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!
I Card Everyone said…
oh i'd never allow anyone to drink these beauties - and they'd be stored in rainbow order in the fridge! lol SO cahUTE - if only lemons were striped, or pink ones could be found here!!
=]
Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the rainbow colors!!!!!!!!!
Fikreta said…
beautiful card!
Sue L. said…
Yes, yes, yes on the paper pieces of rainbow stripes. Coordinates w the Ramume. Nope, never heard of it. Did hear of POP and recognize the vibrant colors and plain bottles... used to buy it in Birch Bay, near Blaine, WA, when I was 9 years old.
Celeste Goff said…
Love this card and congrats on being the headliner for the challenge!
Andrea Hastilow said…
Great idea to give the lemons a multi rainbow stripe, love it. Really picks up on the rainbow mix of bottles. Agree that keeping the labels clear fixes your focus to the bottles x
Helen F. said…
Too sweet ~ or is it sour? ~ with those rainbow lemons? :-p