Long Live Snail Mail | Woodblock Wednesday



Welcome to the Fifth Edition of Woodblock Wednesday!  Today I'm featuring:

Impress Cherry Blossom Branch [5632F]
Savvy Stamps Long Live Snail Mail [1549C]


My overall design was inspired by THIS card by Julie Ebersole.  I mixed up the design a bit so it isn't the same but that you can see where I was inspired.  

My card is a hefty 7 layers:

Cardbase
Neenah Solar White
Glitter Cardstock
Studio Calico layer
Studio Calico layer
Neenah Solar White frame
Main Image/Sentiment


Why do I cover my cardbase?  I bought a bunch of 'cheap' folded cards.  Unfortunately they aren't even white but kind of a blue grey that I find very distracting [lesson learned], but I still want to use them up.

I've been enjoying designing with a ton of white space lately but love a pop of color, this time I'm using glittery cardstock.

My copic colors:

YR000 | YR00 | YR01
G00 | G12
E40

The sentiment has a coordinating Cute Snail [yes, I own it] but this time I went for a different look. 


Have you noticed that I've been creating more floral designs?  I've never really thought of myself as a floral girl but I've been warming up to them lately.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Some links may be affiliate at no extra cost to you:

Comments

Lucy E. said…
I love this soft and pretty
floral! Great disguise, hiding
the cheap card base 😉
That sentiment is the BEST! I love this! LOVING those flowers too!!!
Shelly said…
So sweet and beautiful, Amy! Love!
Cindy C. said…
It's so pretty, love the soft palette!
Helen F. said…
LOVE this beautiful card and also love your 'floral' designs of late, Amy!
I Card Everyone said…
i'd like layers and layers of that Studio Calico paper... what a fabulous BEAUTIUFL card!
Happiest birthday, sweet friend!!! xx
=]
Vicki Dutcher said…
Love the 7 layers! Pretty with the soft coloring
Rose said…
this is beautiful :) love the blooms!