So Many Candles | Woodblock Wednesday | Guest Designer



Hello and welcome to another edition of Woodblock Wednesday.  I'm featuring:

Savvy Stamps  - Large Whimsical Outline Cake - Retired [9241]
Impress - So Many Candles [5654C]

Here's how I was inspired:


Keeping things real, this was card #3 [whew!].  Originally I stamped the cake in versafine onyx.  My first card I smeared the candles with my hand while coloring [grrrrr].  Card #2 I didn't like the Distress Oxide on top of the candles and I knew better [I really did!] and I tried to 'fix' things with a black sharpie = ugh.

So in an effort to step away from Versafine, I heat embossed the image with Hero Arts Copper on Bristol.


My Distress Oxide color combo is compliments of Kristina Werner.

The cake has been colored with Zig Clean Color Markers.  Have you used the blending brush?! Ooohhh...it's amazing.


To keep my card in a festive mode my card base is a very glittery panel.

I'm super excited to introduce my guest for this week, Meghan Kennihan!  She's a wonderful cardmaker, loves making coffee cards and is super sweet!  She's sharing two cards over on her blog AND doing a giveaway too!


A big thank you to Meghan for joining me this week!!!

For all the details on her project, please visit her BLOG + IG.

Some links may be affiliate at no extra cost to you:

Comments

Cindy Holmes said…
Super cute Birthday card! I really love the gorgeous blended top half of the card behind the Birthday cake!
donna mikasa said…
Looks like the third time's the charm! LOVE the metallic embossing and the pink and lavender blending--so pretty! (Have you ever clear embossed Versafine inks? It's my "go to" method for coloring these days)
Hehehehe ... I LOVE that sentiment on the first one!!!! That cracks me up!!! And loving what your friend did with those candles!! SO FUN!!
Cindy C. said…
Fun and festive cards!! Hehehe I love that sentiment on the first one.
cghundley said…
This card looks
very pretty even
if it took you 3
trys to make it!
Carla from Utah
Shelly said…
Your card is beautiful! Third time's a charm, right?!... ;)
Meghan's card is so fun, too!
Gaaaaaaaaah the colors, the shine, the spots, the GOLD!!! eeeeeek...is it my bday yet?,,,I didnt think so. Love this tons!!!
Andrea Hastilow said…
Both card designs are gorgeous, love the softer colours of yours & the neat split of white to colour, fabulous x Your guest has made a fubky, bright design that pops out , also very inspiring & fantastic x Thank you both x
I Card Everyone said…
oh SO true!! just adorable, amy… worth all the struggle because you got it just perfectly right in the end!
off to visit Meghan - thanks for the introduction!
=]
Sue D said…
Pretty cake card. I like the embossing with copper.
I love playing with the Oxides even though I only have 5 colors so far lol. I can understand needed to try again but your end result is beautiful! I love your card and all the little details! I also love the cards that Meghan made. I love to see how crafters can take one theme and come up with so many possibilities for cards! Thanks for the inspiration!
sharon g said…
I really like how you changed from pink to purple so effortlessly. Gorgeous. I just bought a bunch of oxide refills, and just use them on my glass mat.