Guest Designer | Divinity Designs



My friends at Divinity Designs asked me to be a guest designer and sent me a bunch of goodies.  Today I'm wrapping up my time with them, in case you didn't see my earlier projects on their blog, check them out HERE.   Today's projects really stretched my creative wings.  I'm always up for a challenge though, check out how I was inspired.

I'm featuring one of their sets from the newest release, Great Faith.


I was so excited to see the hibiscus blooms.  We recently celebrated my Momma's 80th birthday in Kauai.  Actually it was in January which honestly, seems a lifetime ago but hibiscuses always remind me of Hawaii.  Here's how I was inspired:


If you're not familiar with Divinity Designs, their stamps are foam mounted.  These stamp FABULOUS.  Let's chat about my first design:


I used the Baby Girl 6x6 Paper Pad.  I cut some of the solid colors into strips and made my own pattern paper.  I used their Oval Dies to cut the center.  The blooms have been colored with alcohol markers to coordinate with the overall color palette.

Here's my 2nd card:


Keeping with my Hawaiian inspiration, I linked the hibiscus blooms together to form a flower lei.  I layered several panels of the pattern paper + solid colors.


Thanks so much for stopping by and a big thank you to Divinity Designs!


Comments

These are gorgeous!!! Congrats on the GDT!