Friday, December 10, 2010

there's no place like home...there's no place like home...

Happy Friday!!!!

Is it just me or is December flying by....does it freak you out that there are only 15 days until Christmas?  Okay, I gotta confess...I use to ALWAYS get my Christmas cards out in the mail during Thanksgiving weekend.  As the years go by {translation: as I get older}...my cards go out later and later...what's up with that?  I managed to pop a bunch of international cards out the other day but I have to buckle down this weekend and write out all the rest so they can go postal on Monday...

Did you catch the challenge over on the Cosmo Cricket blog?


Make a christmas ornament, or make a layout or card with a home/house theme.

So I introduced my Mitten Weather...


to my

Jolly by Golly...


Ta-Da!


Hmmm....can you tell in the pic that there is tons...I mean tons of stitching?  All around the panel...the ground....the snow flurries....I love to sew...one of these days I'm going to transfer the paper for fabric and whip up something snappy:)

The house and trees are from the EAD Designs Little Houses Vinyl Rub-On set....You just gotta try them...they go on like butter and the vinyl reminds me of black patent...that's how fun & shiny they are...I finished off the card with some ZVA bling that I selectively snipped:)

I was inspired by the Cardabilities sketch 16:


I decided to throw together another project for Cosmo Cricket 'home' challenge using my Circa goodies that I picked up at Ellen's...


Check it out...I've had a couple bird houses on my work top...I was suppose to make faux cuckoo clocks out of them...but check out the little birdhouse:


It's totally covered in Circa goodies....the chippies are Circa too.  I'm a huge fan of the Cosmo Tiny Type...I used some Queen & Co yellow pearls and ZVA...


Yup, it is going on the 'ole Christmas Tree....Front & Center!


Thanks to Julie who reminded me about the current Paper Issues challenge...I've linked my altered birdhouse ornament to their Holiday Hook-up Challenge

Paper Issues Blog Design
 

Just a quick reminder that Flashback Friday 5.0 ends tonight at 11:59 pm PST...so link up your first new-to-you technique card


The randomly selected winner will win an assortment of wrinkle ribbon from our sponsor, Sherry from the Button Junkie blog.


The winner also gets to be the Guest Designer for Flashback Friday 6.0 AND gets to pick the challenge...that's the bonus!!  I already have a FABBIE sponsor lined up for Flashback 6.0:)  The winner of Flashback Friday 5.0 will be posted sometime tomorrow morning...so be on the lookout!

43 comments:

  1. love your card... so whimsical and fun! :)
    I love your little project.. birdie house is gorgeous!

    mailing Christmas cards.. I am still mailing too :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fantastic, Amy. When is Cosmo going to snag you up to be on their DT already? :-) You do such beautiful work with their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy your bird house is amazing! I agree with Nina, Cosmo Cricket would be lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I love love love love love that card and that ORNAMENT!!! Holy SMOKES LADY....it is AMAZING!!!!!! GORGEOUS!!! You should enter that in "Paper Issues" latest challenge too....the challenge is anything Christmas related! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my the way you have been working I would almost think you are part of Santa's Elves. Love all the creations especially that little bird house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy these projects are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh these are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous Amy.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tons os Cosmo goodness here, I love that birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ow wow Amy this is great girl, those little houses are the sweetest, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your house card, too cute! and i adore your little birdhouses! too cute girl!!
    happy friday and have a great weekend!
    thanks for sharing!
    *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such unique creations! That house is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amy, your cards always so much fun! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now if I were a birdie, I would totally love to live in a house like that! HA! Seriously fabulous, girlie!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the house!!! :) have a great weekend girl!!

    just mailed out all my Christmas cards ;) so glad that is crossed off my to-do list

    ReplyDelete
  16. i have to get my cards out too!!! im so behind! i love your house card! its so whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the house card-so cute. The birdhouse is beautiful.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What darling projects! I love the little bird house!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your card and all the background layers, Amy. Your birdhouse is fun too!Love visiting your blog, although I am really early today!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Amy!!!!!
    You are so awesome!!!!!
    Thank you so much for mentioning us!!
    Thank you for linking up this awesome birdhouse!!!
    We featured you today!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Saw your fabulous creation at Paper Issues. Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd love to live in a house with a polka dotted roof! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thats a neat card. That is alot of stitching. I didn't see that challenge, but now I'm kinda interested!! Very cool. I'd have to see what Cosmo Cricket I even have. I don't think I have much around right now. But I do think I have some rub ons that are Xmas themed. Hmmm.. Can't wait to see the winner tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your card, and that is some super stitching there!! Your birdhouse is absolutely fabulous as well, Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohhh my word, you are ROCKIN' the projects today, girl! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is one gorgeous birdhouse!!! Wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  27. eeeeeek...so much goodness to look at today. What a treat to my eyes! That house card is just too darling! and don't get me started on that birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh Amy, your projects are stunning!! thanks for playing with us at Cardabilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG These are such fabulous creations and the little house is just amazing AMY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my... Sista.. I love that ...whats that called....cuckoo ??? anyway anyhow...totally and perfectly circa fantabulous...Amy... YOU YOU...YOU...sizzling hot!!!!..of course YOUR CARD...is cute too...love them all...what not...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Catching up here! OMG ♥♥♥ that birdhouse!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooohh, love the black images against the pale papers and that birdhouse is GORGEOUS! Love these, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a card, but what a house!!! Soooo cute! Nice to know you will be keeping it for yourself too :>)
    Oh and you are not the only one...December is flying by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love that card with the pop of black, so striking! Then I saw that birdhouse, MAJOR cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow! fabulous projects, Amy! love the super cute birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOWZER absolutely stunning! Both are awesome, fantastic designs
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMG i want that birdhouse for my scraproom :) freakin fabulousness!

    ReplyDelete
  38. love your birdhouse! it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. love love love and did I say Love yet

    ReplyDelete


Cheers,
~amy~