there's no place like home...there's no place like home...

Happy Friday!!!!

Is it just me or is December flying by....does it freak you out that there are only 15 days until Christmas?  Okay, I gotta confess...I use to ALWAYS get my Christmas cards out in the mail during Thanksgiving weekend.  As the years go by {translation: as I get older}...my cards go out later and later...what's up with that?  I managed to pop a bunch of international cards out the other day but I have to buckle down this weekend and write out all the rest so they can go postal on Monday...

Did you catch the challenge over on the Cosmo Cricket blog?


Make a christmas ornament, or make a layout or card with a home/house theme.

So I introduced my Mitten Weather...


to my

Jolly by Golly...


Ta-Da!


Hmmm....can you tell in the pic that there is tons...I mean tons of stitching?  All around the panel...the ground....the snow flurries....I love to sew...one of these days I'm going to transfer the paper for fabric and whip up something snappy:)

The house and trees are from the EAD Designs Little Houses Vinyl Rub-On set....You just gotta try them...they go on like butter and the vinyl reminds me of black patent...that's how fun & shiny they are...I finished off the card with some ZVA bling that I selectively snipped:)

I was inspired by the Cardabilities sketch 16:


I decided to throw together another project for Cosmo Cricket 'home' challenge using my Circa goodies that I picked up at Ellen's...


Check it out...I've had a couple bird houses on my work top...I was suppose to make faux cuckoo clocks out of them...but check out the little birdhouse:


It's totally covered in Circa goodies....the chippies are Circa too.  I'm a huge fan of the Cosmo Tiny Type...I used some Queen & Co yellow pearls and ZVA...


Yup, it is going on the 'ole Christmas Tree....Front & Center!


Thanks to Julie who reminded me about the current Paper Issues challenge...I've linked my altered birdhouse ornament to their Holiday Hook-up Challenge

Paper Issues Blog Design
 

Just a quick reminder that Flashback Friday 5.0 ends tonight at 11:59 pm PST...so link up your first new-to-you technique card


The randomly selected winner will win an assortment of wrinkle ribbon from our sponsor, Sherry from the Button Junkie blog.


The winner also gets to be the Guest Designer for Flashback Friday 6.0 AND gets to pick the challenge...that's the bonus!!  I already have a FABBIE sponsor lined up for Flashback 6.0:)  The winner of Flashback Friday 5.0 will be posted sometime tomorrow morning...so be on the lookout!

Comments

Anonymous said…
love your card... so whimsical and fun! :)
I love your little project.. birdie house is gorgeous!

mailing Christmas cards.. I am still mailing too :p
NinaB said…
These are all fantastic, Amy. When is Cosmo going to snag you up to be on their DT already? :-) You do such beautiful work with their stuff.
Jay Gee said…
Amy your bird house is amazing! I agree with Nina, Cosmo Cricket would be lucky to have you.
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I love love love love love that card and that ORNAMENT!!! Holy SMOKES LADY....it is AMAZING!!!!!! GORGEOUS!!! You should enter that in "Paper Issues" latest challenge too....the challenge is anything Christmas related! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Sherry Eckblad said…
Oh my the way you have been working I would almost think you are part of Santa's Elves. Love all the creations especially that little bird house.
Beth aka BR-T said…
Amy these projects are the best!
Laurel said…
Oh my gosh these are fantastic!
Riet said…
This is so gorgeous Amy.

Hugs Riet.x
cnelson said…
oh my fantabulousness!!!!
Tina said…
Tons os Cosmo goodness here, I love that birdhouse!
Dora said…
Ow wow Amy this is great girl, those little houses are the sweetest, wow!
~* steph :) *~ said…
love your house card, too cute! and i adore your little birdhouses! too cute girl!!
happy friday and have a great weekend!
thanks for sharing!
*hugs* steph :)
Allison Rankin said…
Such unique creations! That house is awesome!
Amy, your cards always so much fun! Love them!
Aimes said…
Now if I were a birdie, I would totally love to live in a house like that! HA! Seriously fabulous, girlie!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
Rose said…
LOVE the house!!! :) have a great weekend girl!!

just mailed out all my Christmas cards ;) so glad that is crossed off my to-do list
Naomi Chokr said…
i have to get my cards out too!!! im so behind! i love your house card! its so whimsical!
Linby said…
I love the house card-so cute. The birdhouse is beautiful.
Linbyx
Saskia said…
Gorgeous work Amy!!

Saskia :)
Sparkplug17 said…
What darling projects! I love the little bird house!
Sylvia said…
I love your card and all the background layers, Amy. Your birdhouse is fun too!Love visiting your blog, although I am really early today!
Cassie said…
Oh Amy!!!!!
You are so awesome!!!!!
Thank you so much for mentioning us!!
Thank you for linking up this awesome birdhouse!!!
We featured you today!!!
=)
kim c said…
Saw your fabulous creation at Paper Issues. Great feature!
Karen B. said…
I'd love to live in a house with a polka dotted roof! So adorable!
Tyggereye said…
Thats a neat card. That is alot of stitching. I didn't see that challenge, but now I'm kinda interested!! Very cool. I'd have to see what Cosmo Cricket I even have. I don't think I have much around right now. But I do think I have some rub ons that are Xmas themed. Hmmm.. Can't wait to see the winner tomorrow!
Rose Ann said…
I love your card, and that is some super stitching there!! Your birdhouse is absolutely fabulous as well, Amy!!
Ann said…
Ohhh my word, you are ROCKIN' the projects today, girl! Happy Friday!
Lisa said…
That is one gorgeous birdhouse!!! Wowza!
xiumaiyuki said…
eeeeeek...so much goodness to look at today. What a treat to my eyes! That house card is just too darling! and don't get me started on that birdhouse!
Sasya said…
oh Amy, your projects are stunning!! thanks for playing with us at Cardabilities!!
OMG These are such fabulous creations and the little house is just amazing AMY!!!!!
Lynnda said…
Oh my... Sista.. I love that ...whats that called....cuckoo ??? anyway anyhow...totally and perfectly circa fantabulous...Amy... YOU YOU...YOU...sizzling hot!!!!..of course YOUR CARD...is cute too...love them all...what not...xoxo
Amy said…
Catching up here! OMG ♥♥♥ that birdhouse!! Great idea!
Emily Leiphart said…
Ooohh, love the black images against the pale papers and that birdhouse is GORGEOUS! Love these, Amy!
What a card, but what a house!!! Soooo cute! Nice to know you will be keeping it for yourself too :>)
Oh and you are not the only one...December is flying by!!!
Angie Tieman said…
Love that card with the pop of black, so striking! Then I saw that birdhouse, MAJOR cuteness!
Alice said…
wow! fabulous projects, Amy! love the super cute birdhouse!
Tasha said…
WOWZER absolutely stunning! Both are awesome, fantastic designs
love tasha xx
IvyandRein said…
OMG i want that birdhouse for my scraproom :) freakin fabulousness!
ivy said…
love your birdhouse! it's beautiful!!
Regan said…
love love love and did I say Love yet
Anthonette said…
That bird house is ADORABLE!