Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Seize the Sketch #2: Let the Shenanigans begin!


Hello!

Thanks to all that linked up to Seize the Sketch #1, awesome job ladies!

Check out Seize the Sketch #2, by my wonderful teamie



Big shout out for our Super Sponsor



Let the shenanigans begin!


Well, of course I had to get the Shenanigans set!

How could you not love saying

Shenanigans?!!!!!!


I super love this sketch and can see using it over and over.

The floral is washi that came in my Studio Calico Card kit, so did that blue/speckly panel.  The veneer is from my stash (the bloom was smooshed in Fresh Ink/Red Current) and yes, that fishtail banner is wood...I picked up a package of wood business card sized panels and I can use the paper trimmer and scissors on them without it cracking!

The top fold is essentially 3/4 inch shorter the the base/bottom flap.  That accommodates the floral washi.

CAS-ual Friday Stamps rock...


Be sure to check out the Seize the Sketch blog to see how my teamies were inspired!


28 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Amy, that washi tape makes a nice floral border! Hope you have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sketch with the big fun sentiment and the spray mist is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute card.. love that adorable flower..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card and I love the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice sketch & I love your take on it! The floral washi is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy great take on the new sketch and i was laughing my head off at your intro...Let the shenanigans begin...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Amy! Your other teamie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooo pretty LOVE the white misting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love your use of woodchips on your cards...really does add a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so sweet! I love that it says "shenanigans"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun stamp for your awesome card! and that is the prettiest washi tape ive ever seen!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! LOVE the pop of red and that yummy floral washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY! I looooooove this! LOVE the black and white flowers.....love the spritz.... love the red flower-- FABBBBBBY birthday card! I must remember to play along with this challenge <3 TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another amazing card, Amy! So glad I follow you via Feedly, because there's way X waaaayyyy too much creativity to miss out! Always inspiration; always eye-candy; always some 'must try' here! Thank you for your warm comments on my Little Tangles party favour shenanigans (I agree: LOVE saying word!) and for thinking my niece is adorable. She is (yes, I'm biased...)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful my friend! I loveeeeeee the colors and the flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card, I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Amy!! Love those pieces from your SC Kit, and that sentiment is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome card Amy - I had no idea that was washi until I read it above! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. fun sentiment!!!!!! I like that b&w bg :) looks like doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That speckled blue paper is perfect paired with the B/W BG. Then the spot of red. So pleasing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  21. <3 this card! The color is fun, the pop of red is fantastic and the sentiment rocks! I've always loved the word 'shenanigans'. It's just a super fun word, isn't it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooooh...love the sentiment!:) And that floral washi is YUMMY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Seriously awesome card. I love the saying, the wood banner, the colors, the layout...hmmm...love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh what a lovely card, beautiful colours together:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So, so pretty! Really love how that speckled panel looks shimmery, too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete


Cheers,
~amy~