2 weeks...

2 weeks....that's how long it has been since I've crafted....until this morning:)

Between work and vacationing, I was without my crafting therapy for much too long.  I was hoping to join a group of fabbie crafty women at Impress last night, but I was just too beat'ola.  So, this morning I woke up at 5 am and started to get crafty:)


Cosmo Cricket...a slam dunk for me...my first true love...LOL...seriously, there is something about Cosmo Cricket that just keeps me going back for more.  I was going to dive into my all time favorite, Early Bird...but decided to go ultra girlie with Upcycle.  All the paper is from that collection {except the base is PTI kraft}....the pearls are Queen & Co and the alpha is Lily Bee.  I did a bunch of stitching {but of course I did...} with some vintage thread...That ultra chic girl has been fussy cut and mounted on another sheet of Upcycle {and she's on glue dots..} so that she wouldn't fade into the pink...

I was totally inspired by Cosmo Cricket sketch:

 I chuckled at Julie's post about being arrested at a strip club..and thought I'd play along too:

You're at a store crop with your best friends:

Runs with scissors:  Emily Nelson
Spikes the punch:  Savitri Wilder
The "Nazi" Instructor:  Anne Cox
Laughs so hard she snorts:  Michelle Bertuzzi
Glues something to her behind:  Sherry Eckblad
Shares too much personal information:  Ivy Wong
Gets thrown out of the store:  Michele Gross
Kisses scrapper next to her:  Lisa Arana
Slaps the scrapper who kissed her:  Alice Wertz
Wins the prize:  Allison Fillo

LOL...that was fun!!  
{I used just crafty peeps so then had to go under my 'friends' tab to pick for the last 2}

Today is going to be chock full of fun for me...I'm heading out to the Warehouse Crop with Paper Smooches!!!!  I'll take tons 'o pictures and share them with you all...I have a feeling I won't get any projects done...haha...but I need to start cracking on my birthday thank you's....

Ahhhhh....it feels good to be back...I've missed you all tons:)

Comments

Karen B. said…
Back with a bang with this fabulous card!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Love the card and how did you know I always mis-place my glue dots? Your day with the Paper Smooches group should be a hoot.
Piali said…
BEAUTIFUL card Amy!!!Love it...fabulous colors .
You lucky girl...you get meet one of favorite crafty friend..Karolyn and get to play with fab PS stamps...have a blast!
Glenda J said…
Fun papers and colours! Great job with the sketch!
Anita Rex said…
Hi Amy I totally understand ya on the lack of crafting! I've hardly crafted at all this August! Been to beat from a busy summer and working a bit. Last night I had to so I cleaned up my craft table and it really helped bring back the mojo! Love this take on the sketch so fun and colorful!!! :> Hope your back at it!
Tammy said…
Welcome back! Missed you but glad you had a wonderful bloggie break!
Elise said…
I SO desperately LOVE your crafty show - SERIOUSLY! SO funny! I adore me some Cosmo, as well, so I am AMENING all the way through this lovely post! WONDERFULLY done! What a FUNNY hop you all have assembled! I'm off to scrap with buds today, as well! I'll be thinking of YOU, my dear! GLAD you got your craft BACK on!
Laurel said…
Fabulous card! Great minds think alike. I used the same papers and stuff for that sketch too!
itsallrosi said…
glad you were finally able to get back crafting. love the card!

have fun today!
Janice said…
Fab card! Have fun!
Riet said…
What a gorgeous card Amy.

Hugs Riet.xx
Angi Barrs said…
Fun and Fabulous. Love the colors. Have fun today . :)
Courtney K said…
love what you did with that paper line - just might need to get me some!
~* steph :) *~ said…
love your card, amy! you always work magic with patterned paper! love the colors, layering, and stitching and great take on the sketch. thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)
Jay Gee said…
Welcome back Amy. Love your bright and fun card :) Have fun at the Crop, will look forward to lots of pics.
Love love love that card!! Such FUN colors..and loving that little game!! Toooooooooo funny! :):):):):):):):):):):)
dstandard said…
Love this Amy! Great colors!
Janetcraft said…
Great colors done Amy! You're a super duper lovely crafter..I wanna to have a look too on the warehouse...
Jennifer Rzasa said…
I love the amazing stitching on your card! It must feel good to get back to crafting.

I tried the game you posted...You end up being the one who kisses the scrapper next to you! hah
C said…
Now that's coming back in style! Thanks again for the cute stamps...I may share a set.
:>)
Welcome back!
CC is definitely the way to go when you need some mojo!
Such a fun little game too! The craft store is so much better than the strip joint!
OH MY!! This is a fabulous card--LOVE your papers and your take on this sketch! FAB!
TesaB said…
Yihaaaa! So good you are back!!! And what a start too, looooove this amazing colorful totally awesome card!!! Have fuuuun on the crop!!!!
Lisa said…
Glad you're back to crafting! Great card! Sounds like you had a fabulous vacay. : )
farmhouse-story said…
the crop sounds fun and your card is full of happy, amy!
yyam said…
Wow! The rest has done you wonders! This is an awesome creation!!! Such a happy card! :)
Sylvia said…
Yeah! Amy is back. I took two days off from crafting and the computer, it was kind of nice!Hubby's home. I love your bright and cheery card, and yes, love the Cosmo Cricket paper. Just bought another 6" pad!Have a fun Sunday!
Dora said…
Those are so gorgeous, missed you to!
cnelson said…
So FUN and FAB! LOVE the colors!!
Joanna said…
Oohh! me likey this card! lol..love the colors!
Tyggereye said…
This is great. Love that sketch too. The card turned out fab.
Anonymous said…
Fabulous start back!!! Rockin' card!
Trinh said…
Welcome back! This is fab - love how you used the bright patterns and colors!
Lynnda said…
yeah i miss you a ton too!!!
Fabulous and happy card!! love the pp...Awesome!! hugs...xoxo
Lindsay said…
Missed you Amy! Love this card! So fun!
Tina said…
Stinkin adorable with all those fun colors.
Alice said…
love who you used those papers together. so beautiful!
Debbie Olson said…
Fabulous, Amy! Girlie and hip--what's not to love?