Fusion: celebrate #42


It's Fusion Friday!

We're up to challenge #17:


So what inspires you?

Here's what I came up with:


I gotta tell you, this is version 4.  I was having a heck of a time stamping that bloom for some reason.

I was inspired by the photo.  I love stamping on top of text but um, I went through my text panel that I originally wanted to use and then proceeded to go through 2 additional diner ticket panels...all panels were compliments of Jenni Bowlin.  It's amazing what kind of stash you find when you are forced to clean :)  

Gotta share a funny story.  This card was in my light tent when Darin stopped into the craft room.  What does he zoom into?  The number 42.

Not the bloom.  Not the awesome Neon Ink.

The number 42.

This is when I insert my lack of sporting knowledge...I'm so NOT a sportser.

Read HERE regarding number 42.

**edited to add additional trivia regarding the number 42 and THIS, yes, from Darin again.

Be sure to check out my Fusion teamies:


How are you inspired?

Comments

LOVE. THE. COLOR.

I also wanted to comment more on the boat card with the PS stamps, where is it?!?! :)
Miriam Prantner said…
Love that gorgeous flower!
Veronica Z said…
Wowsa this cars is beautiful Amy!!
wendipooh13 said…
LOVE it!!!! sooo pretty!!!
Annette Allen said…
love that bright pink flower..
Rachel said…
this is so gorgeous!! love the background too
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com
Shannon J said…
Way to persevere with that stamp! SO worth it! I love that image! Don't you wish they could all just work out on the first go?!!
I am so not a sportster either ... but '42' was an AMAZING movie ... wow... to think that all just happened like 50 years ago ... and sadly parts of our country/world are STILL like that! I loveeeeeeeeee your card!! I love love love that flower and the colors ... and the '42' also! HA!! Kidding! :)
Ashley Horton said…
Love the flower Amy! The Pink ink is so pretty!
Rose said…
lol i didn't even notice the number 42!! love that beautiful bloom girl :)
Unknown said…
Love the gorgeous bloom on print, definitely worth the extra effort!
Lynnda said…
I love the bloom ... this is definitely my new fave of yours!!! Awesome.... hugs...x
Wow! Such a wonderful pairing of colors and stamps, Amy! My new favorite of yours. :)
Lyndal said…
LOVE, LOVE this Amy - FABULOUS card :)
Stacey Schafer said…
fabulous! that NEON pink is AMAZING on this paper!
Kelly Griglione said…
Neon on text paper is such a cool look ... this card is awesome!!
Jessi Fogan said…
Darin is awesome :) I immediately saw the 42 as well & hey, it's the answer! I loved those books & Douglas Adams is hilarious :)
LOVE that stunning bold flower - and yep, don't you find all sorts of neat stuff when you clean? Now to get to Seattle for your amazing yard sale....
Angie Tieman said…
Love this!! That bold flower and sentiment look awesome on that paper!
Lindsey said…
Love this! And the story about Darin made me laugh...I can totally see mine doing the same thing.
Sylvia said…
I love your card, Amy, seem to be so far behind that I did not get here sooner for this card. 42, that is funny...maybe it is someone's age, but baseball I can relate to, but I don't know the numbers of even my favorite player of all time, Hank Aaron! As for the trivia, guys just seem to fill their heads with it! I remember all the important things that I have to do each day and that becomes a lot! Give him a hug for noticing the card!
Jinny Newlin said…
LOVE that big, bold bloom, Amy! Stamping on patterned paper is one of my favorite things to do, too.
Leigh Penner said…
This is beautiful, Amy!