May Guest Designer: Color Throwdown - So Happy Today



I'm so excited to be a May Guest Designer for Color Throwdown!  I'm a huge fan of their challenge!  Check out this week's inspiration:



At first this color combo challenged me but then I started working on it and everything fell into place:


I've been trying to use my paper collections.  I was digging around the Crate Paper Poolside cardstock ephemera and came across some pieces that were perfect.  


I wanted to do a bit of stamping for the background and thought that the Ellen Hutson LLC - Essentials by Ellen - Wonky Backdrops by Julie Ebersole would be so fun.  They have been stamped with Fresh Ink Navy.


BIG Shoutout to the wonderful designers over on the Color Throwdown Team!  I thoroughly enjoyed myself this month!

Here is a quick look at all my projects for this month:





Such a fun challenge!  We hope you join along too:  Once you’ve finished your card or other paper-crafted project, add a direct link to your creation using the Inlinkz tool at the bottom of the Color Throwdown post. And, don’t forget to use the keyword CTD445 if you upload your project to an online gallery, or hashtag on social media with #ctd445 and/or #colorthrowdown.  

Challenge guidelines are in the right sidebar on the Color Throwdown Challenge Blog in case you have any questions.

Make sure you check out the fabulous Color Throwdown team...

Comments

Laurel said…
Love your card Amy!
donna mikasa said…
Eek! So cute! I'd be happy with a glittery pink popsicle too!
Loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that Popsicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa said…
Oh my... this is a beautiful color palette and love this design... all of your cards for the month were beautiful!
Shelly said…
Yum! A pink and gold glitter popsicle?!...Yes, please! Love this, Amy!
Audrey Pettit said…
Oh, love this!! What a fun color combo, and a super eye catching design! I am loving that glittered popsicle! And your wonky stamped background is the perfect foil!! <3
Billie A said…
Beautiful card. I love the circles and the ice cream two tone. Great looking CAS card. Beautiful.
Amy Rohl said…
Amy, it was so fun to have you all month long - your projects are always so inspiring, fresh and fun! This week's card is my absolute favorite!!! Love, love, love!!
I Card Everyone said…
Summertime-cool, amy! I'm also thinking that popsicle would be very good for business tee hee...
=]
Cris G. said…
SBS - simple, beautiful and stylish!
Vickie Z said…
Sorry I'm so behind- bronchitis slows a person down!! Love this Amy and totally enjoyed having you this month!!!!!
Ann said…
Love how you snuck that gold onto that popsicle. Hope your doing well.
Karen B. said…
Love that touch of glitter, what a perfect addition!